ALBUMS YOU NEED IN YOUR LIFE



Hello Monday!

I'm not willing to apologize this time...because honestly? I know I suck at this and saying sorry isn't going to make me post every single Monday, so.

As you can see, I've been fighting playing with some html codes to re-design the whole blog! Took me a whole night because I had no idea about codes, but here it is. I don't know about you, but I love it. Very...me, I guess.

Anyway, today's entry is about music *yayyyyyyyyy*.
Summer is nearly over booo and I thought it'd be nice to share with you guys the three albums I've been listening to non stop these past three months.


Eyes and ears ready? Let's do this.




This album was released in March, I know. But I'm still too in love with it to let it go, okay?
I remember listening to this album and All Time Low's new album the same day and being overwhelmed because two of my favourite bands created such special records. And I loved ATL's, but the vibe of American Candy is so cool and nice and asdfghjklñ.


The Maine are one of those bands that even when you say you don't like them, you do.

Like, you can't listen to one of their songs and be like "oh, cool, I don't think I'll ever listen to them again". YOU. CAN'T. That's how damn good they are.


(They are great people too, that makes you love them even more)


I'm gonna go straight to the point, so here are the 5 songs I chose from this album to recommend you:


  • English Girls: I'm not gonna lie, when I first listened to it, I wasn't too fond of it. I liked it, but nothing out of the ordinary. For whatever reason, the more I hear it, the more I like it. It's fun idk. "Well she said, English girls they just like sex, I couldn't believe when he said, I've got news for you, American boys do too."
  • 24 Floors: FAVOURITE SONG OF THE ALBUM. We all know I'm a sucker for sad songs, so. I think the lyrics is beautiful and what's most important: it makes you feel. You feel this lump in your throat and a lot of mixed emotions. At least that's what happens to me. "You don't wanna die tonight...take one more breath to clear your mind. Every moment's relevant, bittersweet and delicate, tomorrow may not come again."
  • Diet Soda Society: it took me a while to choose between this one and a few others, but DSS won for its lyrics. I really like it. "It's just a tough thing for us human to admit, yes, we all have the question but we don't know what the answer is. Oh, the brain is a funny place."
  • Am I Pretty?: I truly enjoy this song every time I listen to it. It always makes me dance and I like how the band sings the answer to all the questions they ask during the song: "There's beauty and grace in the flaws of your face. All candor and style in the crook of your smile."
  • Another Night On Mars: this song makes me so happy!!! It brings me all the good memories I have with people I love (or loved). Maybe some of those people aren't even my friends anymore, but the days I spent with them having fun and laughing and being us, are there and they will always be. "What's another night on Mars? With friends like ours anywhere is home."


This album came out earlier this year too (May), but I've been through certain situations this summer and I felt like listening to it every single day. Its name is 'Blurryface' and the lyrics of the songs are extraordinary.

The thing I love the most about Twenty One Pilots apart from their lyrics, are their shows. Like, you don't even know the amount of chills I get sometimes watching videos of their live performances.

Go listen to the album, cry about it, then click here "Twenty One Pilots Bonnaroo 2015"...and die. Literally. Well, okay, maybe not literally, but you'll feel like dying and you'll love the sensation. They are so fucking good live, I cannot express myself. Just watch it and enjoy.

I don't wanna make this entry too long, so let's get to the 5 songs I chose:


  • Heavy Dirty Soul: this song became one of my favourites when I first saw the video I mentioned before. The studio version is good, but once you hear it live, there's no way back. "Mindless zombies walkin around with a limp and a hunch, saying stuff like you only live once."
  • Stressed Out: I love this song an awful lot and yep, it's my favourite. If you know tøp, you are probably thinking "typical", but I can't help it. The lyrics of this song speaks to me on so many levels, I gotta love it. I could honestly quote the whole song, but I guess we'll do with this part: "Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days...when our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out."
  • Fairly Local: even though I like the lyrics, the reason why I chose this song is because of the music. Listen and judge yourself. "The world around us is burning but we're so cold."
  • Lane Boy: I adooooooore this one; melody, lyrics, everything. I feel like it's a really personal song and as the rest of the album, pretty sincere. "But I know a thing or two about pain and darkness, if it wasn't for this music, I don't know how I would've fought this. Regardless, all these songs I'm hearing are so heartless. Don't trust the perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
  • Goner: this one is the "slow" song from the album and it's one of those songs that you listen to and you instantly feel this sadness/weird sad feeling. I simply love it. "I've got two faces...blurry's the one I'm not. I need your help to take him out."


Okay, this one is a little bit of a lie because it came out last week, so there's no possible way for me to have been listening to it the whole summer. But I've been listening to it since then AND I know I won't stop anytime soon. I had to recommend it.

In case you didn't know, 'Badlands' is Halsey's brand new album (her first one too) and it's incredible. I mean it. You know how there's always that one song of an album that you're like 'nah, I think I'll pass'? Because it's just...meh? Well, that doesn't happen with Badlands. Every single song captivates you in its own way.

The best thing about it is that Halsey created a place with this album and she takes you there when you are listening to it. The moment you click play, you enter the Badlands and that bubble is impossible to burst 'till you listen to all the songs.

"Speaking" of the songs...the lyrics, fuck me.

I don't have words to describe the way she writes, but she is one of the best songwriters I've seen, no joke. All her lyrics are a mix of sexual metaphors, breathtaking stories and empowering messages; and on top of that, we can add the pleasant melodies. Also, every song is somehow connected, which makes things even cooler. This album is a fucking masterpiece.

I've been trying to choose my top 5 songs for what feels like ages now, and I picked these babies:


  • Castle: the first song, yes. CAN YOU BLAME ME? I just love the melody way too much. Lyrics that stood out to me: "Now my neck is open wide, begging for a fist aournd it...already chocking on my pride, so there's no use crying about it."
  • Drive: this song has that...something. Like a spark? I don't even know, but I adore everything about this song. "Your laugh, echoes down the hallway, carves into my hollow chest, spreads over the emptiness...it's bliss." 
  • Roman Holiday/Strange Love: I'M SORRY BUT I COULDN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE TWO GREAT SONGS SO I JUST PUT THEM TOGETHER. The thing with them is that they kind of show two different sides of love. Roman Holiday makes me feel the sweet but hard times of a relationship, and Strange Love is extremely sexual and badass. I love it. "Late December with my heart in my chest and the clouds of my breath"/"How you laughed when you said my name and how you gripped my hips so mean."
  • Control: this is my ultimate favourite. I feel like a lot of people classified this one as one of their last favourites, but it's honestly such an incredible song. The lyrics is painfully sincere and the melody is perfect for it. "I tried to hold these secrets inside me, my mind's like a deadly disease."
  • Young God: "There's a light in the crack that's separating your thighs and if you wanna go to heaven you should fuck me tonight." That's all I'm going to say.

(I know there's a huge difference between what I wrote about Halsey's album and the other two, but I wrote them on different days and I wasn't feeling well when I wrote about Blurryface and American Candy. Sorry.)



That's all!
I hope you give these albums the chance they deserve.

Have a nice week!!!


Follow

CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Back
to top