OCTOBER - WEEK 4





Hey there, my friends!

Guess what this week's topic is? Easy peasy...HALLOWEEN!
I'm gonna be honest, I'm not enjoying the Halloween season as much this year due to the crazy clowns situation. I was scared of clowns already, didn't need people doing what they're doing now to hate them even more.

But hey, I still love this holiday and I couldn't lose the opportunity to dedicate two pages of my journal to it. Let's go!

P.S I know I mentioned the possibily of a makeup look on Monday, but my skin is not at its best so I can't do it. Since I'm kinda busy next week, I'll take Monday as a break! There'll be no entry, you lucky people.


"I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner."
- Evan Peters

Halloween - also known as All Hallows' Eve, All Saints' Eve or Allhalloween - is a celebration seen in a number of countries on October 31st. It's the time dedicated to remembering the dead, and some activities done in Halloween include trick-or-treating, decorating, carving pumpkins, costume parties, telling scary stories...and a long etcetera.



It's widely believed that many of the traditions I just mentioned originated from Celtic harvest festivals which may have pagan roots, particularly the Gaelic festival 'Samhain', and that this festival was Christianized as Halloween. Other people believe that Halloween began independently as a solely Christian holiday and honestly...who knows? Speculationnnn.

If there's one thing I don't like about it - apart from dangerous people taking advantage and doing dangerous stuff - is how little we celebrate it here in Spain. And when I say "little", I mean "not at all". The coolest thing I've done is put on a costume, go out with my friends and then watch a horror film while we eat pizza.

And hey, that's an amazing plan, don't get me wrong...but all those games, and parties and decorations look amazing and I'd love to be part of that. Just for one year, I bet it'd be a great experience. I'd probably have a heart attack because of a scare but that's okay.


When I was little I used to think that this day was kinda ridiculous. I thought we were celebrating people being dead, like, 'hey, I'm happy you're not here anymore!', which sounded cruel and just plain heartless at the time.

Then I understood the actual meaning behind it and I simply loved it. It's funny though, because I don't like scary films (meaning that they scare me to death), I believe in ghosts and thinking about all of them partying around the corner kind of scares me too, as I said before I hate clowns...if you think about it, everything related to this day is part of my 'please stay away from me' list. So, how and why do I love Halloween so much?


Well, I like the reason why it's celebrated. I also like how it's somehow an opportunity to be creative and have fun making costumes and carving pumpkins; or how kids and adults enjoy it together. I think it's really wonderful and I love it.

Again, we don't do shit here, so I'm writing this with the way other countries celebrate it in mind. I guess it's just nice to see how much time and effort people put on things they're passionate about. I like that a lot.

And who doesn't like to dress up?! Have some fun with hair and makeup?! Be a complete different person (or creature) for one night?! So. Freaking. Cool.


It is true that nowadays it's a commercialized holiday, but I think that as long as it's respectful (stop with the Indian costumes, people. Educate yourselves.), there's nothing wrong with that. Learn a little and Halloween could be even more fun than it already is!

So...tell me, how in love are you with Halloween? 

Read you next week!!

Follow

CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Back
to top