DECEMBER - WEEK THREE




It's Saturday and I'm here!

I'm not gonna lie, I thought I wouldn't be able to update today and I kind of panicked. I had tons of things to do this week and for a minute there it felt like I wouldn't have this entry ready. But here it is! A new journal entry about my HP house: Hufflepuff.

Let me know which house you identify the most with and why!

P.S: You can tell I didn't have time to actually work on it. Sorry.


"You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil."

- The Sorting Hat

As you all know, Harry Potter is a series of fantasy novels written by J.K Rowling and it tells the life of a wizard - Harry Potter - and his friends, all of them students at Hogwarts. These books were made into films and while I'm a little bitter about them, they're pretty good.

The school is divided into four houses, each bearing the last name of its founder: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin

In the early days, the founders handpicked students for their Hourses, but they worried about how students would be selected after their deaths so they needed to change that. Godric Gryffindor took his hat off then and each put some brains in it...tadaa, the Sorting Hat was created! Now, at the beginning of each school year, the Sorting Hat is placed on each new student's head and it announces the house the student is to join.

Anyway, back to it!

If you're a Harry Potter fan (or you simply find it interesting), you probably sort yourself out in one of the houses. You feel part of said house and you do anything to protect its honour, that's a fact. I did that a long time ago and I'm super proud to say that I'm a Hufflepuff.

We value hard work, loyalty, dedication and fair play. We're friendly, honest, and probably not as competitive as the other houses, being more modest about our accomplishments.

All those characteristics make some people say hufflepuffs are boring but I don't see that way. We can have fun while being nice and not a pain in the ass. This house is also often thought to be the one of less talented wizards and witches - makes sense that I'm a Hufflepuff then - but that's a huge misunderstanding. Many successful and influential people of the wizarding world were/are Hufflepuffs.

The emblematic animal of the house is the badger, black and yellow its colours (we rock those colours, by the way), it corresponds to the element of earth and the Fat Friar its ghost.

Pomona Sprout was the Head of Hufflepuff during 1991-1998 and her successor for the position is currenly unknown. Some well-known Hufflepuffs are Cedric Diggory, Newton Scamander, Teddy Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks.

Although one of my favourite characters (and the one I've got the biggest connection with, probably) is Draco Malfoy - I'll make an entry about him here, I'm sure of that - Slytherin is definitely not my house. I've got some of their traits, that's for sure, but I'm 100% a Hufflepuff. Maybe 99'99999%, but yeah, you know.

And if you're a Hufflepuff too and someone tells you how much you suck, gift them a smile. Because you know what they say: kill them with kindness.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you who made the art used here because I had the picture and the name of the artist saved on my laptop but as you know, I lost everything the other day.  


That's all for this week!
I've got something special coming on Monday, so keep an eye for that!

Have a nice week!!!

Follow

CONVERSATION

2 comentarios:

  1. Absolutely loved this post!! I honestly have always been torn between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw and I do think I have way more of Hufflepuff than Ravenclaw but aaaah I don't know. Anyways, again, really nice post!
    PS: Hope you're not tired of me commenting on your posts lol
    Anna x
    dropsofanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're a Hufflepuff too!! We're the best <3

      I'm definitely not tired of your comments, they make my day! x

      Delete

Back
to top