GOOD-FUCKING-BYE 2016


Hello there!

It's Friday, which means that this is the last "Christmas" entry I'm posting and I wanted it to be about this year and basically about how glad I am it's almost done. Bye bye, adiós, motherfucker.

Once more, we have the chance to reflect on the year gone by...and I think we all know this one has been one huge pile of shit.

I'm a pretty positive person; I like to think about the good side of everything and just focus on that because I've been negative for too many years, but 2016 is been a fucking nightmare, I can't pretend it hasn't.

Since January 1st, the whole year has been complete chaos. Quite literally. From losing incredible artists to suffering dangerous earthquakes, countless terrorist attacks, Trump elected president, illness all around...fuck, if I have to mention every single thing that's been wrong about this year we'd be at the end of 2017 already.

It's been a bad year for humanity, and so so weird too.
Like, I don't know if it's just me but I feel like it's been such a long but also short year. Everything happened so fast (I literally can't believe it's almost 2017, I feel like it was August yesterday) but at the same time, it felt like it was never going to end. I don't know how to explain it...as I said, weird. I barely remember the last six months or so, no kidding. I've got tons of memories of this year but if you ask me when a few of them happened...no idea.

Personally speaking, I haven't done much this year so it kinda feels like a waste. I hate saying that because I have learnt some shit about myself and I believe I've proven myself of being stronger than I thought, so that's really nice; I've also cut some toxic people from my life (and maybe I was toxic for them too, so that's a win-win situation!) and have been lucky to spend more time than I expected with friends that I adore. But yeah, overall it has been a 'meh' year. That's all I can say about it, mehhhh.

I really really am happy to be done with 2016 and I cannot wait for 2017 to restore everything good the world has to offer. I'm hoping for next year to be the one full of love and softness, we all need it. Let's make it the year we grow as humans and spread as much love as possible; we have to try and fix the mess 2016 is leaving behind.

We - the whole world - deserve an awesome year and hopefully 2017 will allow us to get the rewards we've won by merely surviving this year. Let's work for a better tomorrow. 

Hope you guys have the greatest day and Happy (almost) New Year!!!


Follow

CONVERSATION

12 comentarios:

  1. Hola Carmen,

    Muchas gracias por pasarte por mi blog. Me gusta el tuyo y ya tienes una nueva seguidora. :-) Por cierto, espero que el año 2017 sea mejor que éste.

    Un beso y feliz Año Nuevo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Hola Joanna!

      Muchas gracias por pasarte por aquí y dejar un comentario, me alegra tenerte como seguidora :)

      Un beso y feliz año!!

      Delete
  2. I think this year will be go down as a very dark time for humanity. The Orlando shooting, all of the brutality and the bigots who felt empowered after the election...I feel motivated to do better, so hopefully everyone else does for 2017 as well.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Everything is kinda scary right now, let's be honest, but hopefully you're right and everyone feels motivated to do better!! x

      Delete
  3. I feel you girl. This world is such a hot mess right now. It shocks me that people can be so mean spirited and heartless nowadays. Personally I would say this year has been a good one for me in terms of growing personally with myself and not really caring about what other people think. I just wanna be happy, you know? I hope 2017 can bring more change for this world though!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same! Seeing how some people are so heartless is scary and I don't understand it.

      I'm glad you had a good year, personal growth is really important and I'm happy to read you got that positive change! 2017 better be awesome x

      Delete
  4. In terms of global events and beautiful people we lost, 2016 pretty much sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit the nail on the head - I feel so unsafe no matter where I go but hopefully there can be peace in this world, let's hope it improves in 2017. Thanks for this post.

    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for your comment!

      I know, it's scary to see people destroying the world, but we can make it better! (At least I hope so) x

      Delete
  6. I couldn't agree with you more Carmen. Every time you turned on the news or the radio it was bad news. I spent bit of time in hospital in 2016 which sucked. So here's to a better 2017 for us all. Look forward to reading more of your blog posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comment, Holly!

    It was a hard year indeed. I hope you're better now and yeah, let's start 2017 with the right foot!! x

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top